Elections- A Family Divided

I've never been so unexcited about a presidential election! During Elections past we've had parties, taken the kids to vote with us, stayed up extremely late waiting for every last vote (or chad) to be counted, and even moved across country to support a President. Now I find myself having no desire to even vote!

Until last night....

When my 5 year old son asked Dan "Daddy, who are you voting for President?"

Dan replied "McCain."

Cooper responded "I'm voting for 'Rock Obama'!"

Nice Coop! Nothing like lighting a fire under your parents! I guess I'd better get out and vote this year to cancel out Cooper's vote!

5 comments:

Bridges Family said...

Good thing you are there to sraighten out Cooper! I'll be voting this week because I'll be in Vegas next week. It looks bleak for McCain but, I have not given up totally!

bishopmom said...

So goes Cooper, so goes our country.

jamie lynette said...

Cooper. Cooper. Cooper. I'm so glad you aren't 18 yet!

Unknown said...

That's what you get for moving to New York!! My sister came home from kindergarten saying she had voted for Clinton in the school election. What?!?!?! We realized then we needed to save her from the NY schools and their teachers. :)

Yang Fam said...

That's funny! Who brain washed him? Oh, Cooper... what are we going to do with you.