Santa Claus?

If you're a Santa believer than you'd better stop reading here!

I sat Parker down the other day to let him in on the secret that Mom and Dad are Santa. I know I'm cruel, but at age 10 and in the 5th grade I don't want him to be made fun of. And he was a TRUE BELIEVER! This is how the conversion went--

Mom- Parker do some of the kids at your school believe in Santa?

Parker- A couple.

Mom- What do you think?

Parker- I believe.

Mom- Parker, I think it's time that you know that Dad and I are Santa.

Parker- (Blank face. Says nothing.)

Mom- But, in our house we love the thought of Santa and giving Santa gifts. So, I still want you to believe in the spirit of Santa. Especially for Cooper. If you tell him the truth you'll get NO Santa gifts. (I know I'm nice.)

Parker- OK! (still blank face) What about the tooth fairy she's real right?

I love this boy! Parker has the biggest heart of anyone I know and would have been a true believer in Santa for a long time. I guess it's better that I broke the news to him instead of his wife!

4 comments:

Bridges Family said...

Oh no! That is hilarious! Mark may need to have the same conversation with Justin. I'm not sure if he still believes or not. We'll have to check.

Andrea said...

I was a true believer too! I believed until I was at least 11 and would fight with my Indian friend Kajal over the fact that she just didn't believe!

Yang Fam said...

That is too funny. I guess Andy will have to tell Parker his scary stories aren't real either.

Yang Fam said...

Oh,no! Poor Parker. What am I going to do with Grace. I'll need your help in the future.